We are delighted to be able to reassure clients and their families that as restrictions across the UK ease, we will continue to take the necessary steps to protect clients and all those we come into contact with, adhering to the advice of the government and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.
We are pleased to report that all of our services have resumed and are running at normal frequency. This includes home visits, appointments in the community and our specialist clinics.
Throughout the course of this pandemic, we have remained on the front foot, being vigilant and proactive in order to put the safety of our patients and our team first. With so many of our clients being in vulnerable health and many of them shielding, it has been vital for our team to take a cautious approach. This has meant ensuring adequate supplies of PPE, even when supplies were scarce, and taking every step throughout our interactions with clients to ensure their safety and ours.
We are hopeful and optimistic of some aspects of life returning to ‘normal’. However, we are conscious that the threat of Covid still remains. To that end, we are taking the following measures:
- Our clinicians actively test prior to every home visit
- As healthcare workers, the vast majority of our clinical team members have now received both of their Covid-19 injections
- We will continue to wear PPE in all of our interactions with clients
- Our team will continue to adhere to social distancing where possible
- Following any group sessions, such as the training provided by our Clinical Nursing Educators, the details of all attendees are kept on file for a period of 14 days for contact tracing purposes.
We would like to thank our clients, their families, and our case manager contacts for their ongoing support and we look forward to taking the next steps out of the pandemic safely together.
Pete Sanderson and the Osiris Health team