Clinical Specialist Paediatric Physiotherapist
Salary: £35k – £42k (pro rata) permanent (a training post would be considered)
Location: North West of England (home based)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Accountable To: Clinical Lead
PSP Specialists in Paediatric and Neuro Rehabilitation are looking to recruit a Clinical Specialist Paediatric Physiotherapist to join their busy team, providing physiotherapy services to our clients across the North West of England.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Clinical Specialist Paediatric Physiotherapist to join a growing company with a great reputation for excellence of treatment and the dedication of its staff.
Please contact us directly and we will issue you with a full job description and person specification.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner in providing paediatric physiotherapy assessments, treatments and reports for patients requiring specialist paediatric physiotherapy input.
- To use advanced clinical reasoning skills and assessment techniques to provide accurate diagnosis, prognosis and individualised treatment plans.
- To utilise specialist neurological treatments such as FES, CIMT, Saeboflex, lycra, serial casting, thermoplastic splinting and hydrotherapy with training as required.
- To be responsible for prioritising, organising and planning own caseload and that of junior staff to meet service and patient priorities, readjusting plans as situations change/arise.
- To liaise with other health care professionals, carers, parents and relatives.
- To provide education and training as required to clinicians, patients and other health and social care professional
- To participate in CPD and other developmental activities.
- To have a good working knowledge of national and local standards and monitor own and others quality of practice as appropriate.
- To assist the management team as required.
- To assist in the recruitment and retention of staff and the expansion of our services.
- Diploma/ degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered
- A minimum of four years’ experience working as a physiotherapist within paediatrics and varied rotational experience.
- Experience working with a wide range of paediatric conditions.
- Experience of working with children with complex disability and poly trauma.
- Previous employment as a senior physiotherapist in a relevant specialist area.
- Experience in ABI rehabilitation.
- Experience in tracheostomy management.
- Experience of supervising other staff.
We can offer you:
- Regular clinical and professional supervision.
- Regular appraisal, personal development planning and opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Opportunities to work closely with a multidisciplinary team and learn from other evidence based frameworks and approaches.
- Involvement in service development including undertaking clinical audits and project work.
- Opportunities to provide clinical supervision and line management to other members of the team as appropriate.
- Involvement in providing training.
- Entitlement to the pension scheme.
PSP is committed to safeguarding the welfare of our clients and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
If you would like more information, please contact us directly and we will issue you with a full job description and person specification.
If you would like more information, including a full job description, person specification and application pack OR to arrange for an informal confidential discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org